Parent Equipping Program Resources
At UME Prep, we strongly believe in the significance of parental involvement in your child's education. We understand that each parent faces unique challenges. Therefore, we have introduced the Parent Equipping Program (PEP) to empower you with the knowledge and skills required to engage more in your child's academic journey. We provide a range of essential services:
Training- Facilitates and coordinates training for teachers and parents to provide tools, resources, and strategies to support families partnering with our school in their child's education. Such training occurs during parent and faculty meetings and by appointment.
Support- Supports families by creating valuable and timely informational documents. Communicate with families via email and phone calls regarding our unique method of education. Answers parents'/ guardians' questions about our school. Works with teachers when parents need extra help/guidance with our school method, homework, or language assistance.
Skyward Family Access: Via Skyward Family Access, you can personally opt in to the Family Directory where you can find contact info on other families.
Contact [email protected] for additional Skyward support.
Fun Things to Do With Your Family
Parent Equipping Program Events
Coffee & Conversations
Coffee and Conversations is a district-wide event held several times a year for parents to get together with staff and each other for great conversation on specific topics where we can learn and grow together. It is held at a different campus each time, but any parent at any campus is welcome to join at any time.
Family University is an event held on each individual campus twice a year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring. This event offers various workshops to share information with our families to aid in the parent partnership between home and school. Workshop topics vary by campus’ wants and needs. Family University is a fun-filled event full of knowledge, fellowship, food & prizes for all who attend.
Internet and Cell Phone Safety
Parental Control - Includes parental control guides for apps and devices
Navigating the Internet - Information about various nternet topics.
Cyberbullying - Cyberbullying information and prevention
Cyber-Tipline- Cyber Tipline for an immediate need
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – guides, resources, and other information
Drug Abuse – tips, information, and publications aimed at drug abuse prevention including an elementary drug prevention activity book
Conflict Resolution and Emotional Support
- Staying Cool When Things Heat Up – information on controlling anger
- Bullying – information on bullying being a gateway behavior and what parents can do
- Test Anxiety – causes of test anxiety and ways to reduce test anxiety
- KidsMatter – information sheets on emotions, mental health, friendships and more
- National Alliance for Children's Grief – navigating children’s grief
- Effective Parenting – behavior and discipline
- Growth and Development at different levels/ages
- Ten Tips for Your Child’s Success in School – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Creatingafamily.org – Lying, Stealing, and Cheating
- Teasing – strategies to teach your child to deal with teasing
- KidsWork – supporting kids in divorce
- Focus on the Family – helping families thrive
- How to Prepare for College -Helping High School students get ready for college.
- College Packing list – packing list and other college prep information
- Region 10 Parent Resources Page - Miscellaneous Resources for Parents from the Region 10
- Parent and Family Engagement-English
- Parent and Family Engagement-Spanish