At UME Prep, we believe it is vital for parents to be involved in their children’s lives, and we understand that all parents face their own, unique set of circumstances and challenges in raising and educating their children. We know, too, that many parents may feel overwhelmed, lost, or lacking confidence that they have the knowledge, skill, or ability necessary to be involved. Believing, also, that parental support and involvement offer benefits difficult to replicate through other avenues, the Parent Equipping Program (PEP) will help interested parents acquire the knowledge and develop the skills needed to meet the challenge of increasing the rate, type, and quality of their involvement in their child's academic experience.
As we journey together through the 2017-2018 school year, please take note of some of the offerings we will be making available to our parents this year. Please see our UME Prep calendar and schedule for more information about upcoming events.
Skyward Family Access: Via Skyward Family Access, you can personally opt in to the Family Directory where you can find contact info on other families.
Contact Ginger.Stafford@umeprep.org for additional Skyward support.
Parent-Sponsored Grade-Level Facebook Pages
You can join one of the Parent-Sponsored Grade-Level Facebook Pages set up for each class. Please contact your grade-level parent Facebook rep for access, for example, go to “UME Eagles Class of 2026.” This is different from our official school Facebook page.
Fun Things to Do With Your Family
For up-to-date ideas of fun things to do with your family in DFW, check out DFW Explorer
for places to go and things to do!
Internet and Cell Phone Safety
- CyberPatrol – parental control software
- NetSmartz – cell phones, gaming, internet safety, and more
- CyberTipline – reporting tipline in partnership with FBI, Secret Service, and others
- Cyberbullying – what it is and how to prevent it
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – guides, resources, and other information
- Drug Abuse – tips, information, and publications aimed at drug abuse prevention including an elementary drug prevention activity book
Conflict Resolution and Emotional Support
- Conflict Resolution – information on controlling anger intended to promote nonviolence and diplomacy
- McGruff: The Crime Dog – games, videos, advice
- Bullying – information on bullying being a gateway behavior and what parents can do
- Test Anxiety – causes of test anxiety and ways to reduce test anxiety
- KidsMatter – information sheets on emotions, mental health, friendships and more
- Children’s Grief Education Association – navigating children’s grief