DON'T LET THE FLU GET YOU...
WASH YOUR HANDS
- Use soap and water
- Sing “Happy Birthday Song” twice while vigorously scrubbing.
- Hand sanitizer use good for in between washings.
COVER YOUR COUGH
- Use your elbow to shield cough for prevention of spreading germs.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue.
DISINFECT “HOT SPOTS” IN YOUR HOME
- Appliance Door Handles & Faucet Handles
- Light Switches
- Door Knobs
- Remote Controls
GET YOUR FLU SHOT
- Primary Care Physician’s Office
- Local Pharmacy (Tom Thumb, Kroger, CVS, Walgreens)
- DCHHS Children's Immunization Clinic (Flu shots for children & adults)
2377 N. Stemmons Freeway, Rm. 159 (first floor) in Dallas
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Wednesday
214-819-2163 or 214-819-1903
CHECK YOUR CHILD DAILY FOR SIGNS OF ILLNESS
- Keep your child at home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Notify school of student illness.
- Do not send your child to school with fever of 99* or higher.
- Do not send your child to school if vomiting or diarrhea within last 24 hours.
- Your child may return to school with Dr. note and/or at least 24 hours since last symptoms WITHOUT medications to control (i.e., Tylenol for fever, anti-nausea, antidiarrheal meds) depending on illness.